Day 2: Devil's Punch Bowl
Highlights

-amazing rock formations at Devil's Punch Bowl
-trip to Costco (yeah, that IS a highlight for me)
Helpful Hints
-Luke, Nevin, make sure you have some solid sunscreen
-the desert mountains outside of LA are incredible and rarely visited, I highly recommend it for anyone travelling down here
Today I took a field trip out to the Devil's Punch Bowl with Mike, Nancy, Halee, Aaron, and John. It's still in the mountains near Wrightwood but here huge sandstone formations have been thrusted out of the desert floor. We hiked the mile long loop down into the valley and hung out in the creek for a while. It was pretty darn hot out but I'm happy to say my new hat is working great.I had to borrow some sunglasses from Nancy for the hike. I was going to wait until I got to Thailand to find a nice pair for 50 cents but a trip to Costco ruined that idea for me. I found a great pair of polarized UVEX glasses and couldn't leave without them. So NOW I'm finally done my Thailand shopping...now I just have to get there.
PS: Luke, Nevin: I didn't get a chance to explore the international terminal at LAX. I think the easiest is just to meet at the loading area. I'll try to be there at 10:00 PM. If you don't want to hang out there just come check each half hour on the half our. Have a safe flight boys!

4 Comments:
Mike
We are also very envious but when you are back we will get the detailed version of your trip. Look forward to your blog and all the profound insights your journey will inspire.
I may miss the game tonight. It's 8:20 local time but we're heading out for pizza. I predict a 3-2 series lead for the Oilers. Go Oil Go!
I leave in half a day now!!!!, I don't think I'm gonna get much sleep tonight.
Can't wait, and see you tomorrow Mike.
hey Mike.
you were right! go oil go! whyte is going to be wild on wednesday... but best of all, i'm winning the penguin's hockey pool. :)
travel safe.
Erin
Post a Comment
<< Home