Day 4: Disneyland
Highlights
-OILERS WIN!!! (they lead the series 3-2 against San Jose)
-workout with Glen
-involuntarily volunteering as a lifeguard
Helpful Hints
-parents, keep a close eye on your kids in the pool!
Yesterday I switched homes saying goodbye to my uncle Mike and moving in with my uncle Glen. Irvine is a beautiful part of the city, south of LA. We had a nice Mother's Day lunch at The Clubhouse and I spent the rest of the night here at Glen's. We checked out his motorbikes for a while then sat down for a quick workout. He's given me some great hints for weighlifting when I get back to Canada and even some things I can do while I'm in Thailand...situps and pushups.
After that Josh and I played guitar for a while (he's really good) then went for a swim at the pool near their house. This one little girl (about 4 years old) seemed to take a liking to us and wanted to show us all of her "jumping in the pool" skills. I stayed close because she wasn't a strong swimmer and that turned out to be a good decision. She tried jumping onto her blow-up dolphin once and fell off the far side taking in a huge mouthful of water. If I didn't get there right away to pull her up she could have been in real trouble. I held her up while swimming to the side of the pool. She sputtered a bunch and thanked me once she got her breath back. Her parents were there but were 100 ft away in the hot tub. Seriously, it scares me to think what would have happened if I wasn't there. After that I think both Josh and I were keeping an eye on her.
Halee's here now and she, Kristian, and I are leaving for Disneyland. I don't think I'll be posting again until I'm in Malaysia so take care and I'll talk to you in a couple days.

6 Comments:
once a lifeguard always a lifeguard! Proud of you. I am "virtually" excited!(is that like taking a trip and never leaving the farm?)
Hey Guys.
Well what can I say? Mexico was wicked. I hope that you guys have a blast living halfway around the world for the summer.
Check out my blog in the next month or two and I will get all mine, Matt and Jacob's photos up.
Dan
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I'm the same way mike, i'm always on guard to see if any foxy 20+ year old ladies need some mouth to mouth resusitation.
meh i woulda bin their before she even got the mouthfull of water, whats with the delay dude, i think your gettin rusty. glen told me that he felt sorry for u cause u are so out of shape that he showed u some workouts just to make u feel better. and i got this email from halee that they are planning on leaving u at disney land tied up in a mickey costume so u miss u're plane to thialand. if u read this im sorry i didn't get the notice out earlier so u could have stopped this from happening.
Sorry dude this is how i kope with u being where u are and me workin my ass off for no pay
Jack off
luv ya bro
Terry
We are safe...guess I'll just post about it.
Post a Comment
<< Home